Wednesday, May 30, 2012

What's this all about?

One day, I kind of woke up and realised that I just wasn't taking responsibility.  I think of myself as a pretty responsible person, I am a mother, a doctor, a contributing member of society.  However, because of my actions, the environment was suffering. 

After a bit of web-surfing, it became apparent to me that everytime I throw something away, I am personally contributing to the growing landfills in my country.  Every time I buy new items, I am supporting increased use of energy, fuel, often unnecessarily. 

Soon, I found that there were several practical easy things I could do, to take responsibility, and I honestly couldn't think of any excuse not to do them.  In fact, some of them even became fun, which is why I decided to share this story with you, on a blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment